The ABC Research Analytical and Food Chemistry Departments place at your disposal an array of modern analytical equipment and a skilled and dedicated professional staff with extensive experience in the analysis of a broad spectrum of products.
- Meat & Poultry
- Juice & Juice Products
- Recipe Ingredients
- Herbs, teas, spices and other specialty products
- Nutritional Analysis and Labeling: protein, carbohydrates, fat, fiber, moisture, minerals, vitamins, caloric content
- Miscellaneous Properties: flavor/odor components, pH, water activity, internal temperature
- Additives: preservatives, dyes
- Toxins: Aflatoxins, Patulin, Ochratoxin, Zearalenone
- Pesticide Residues: Over 120 insecticides, herbicides and fungicides
- Problem Solving: Unknown contaminants, metals, off-flavors, off-odors
Data Quality and Acceptability are our clients’ primary concerns, and for this reason our analyses employ officially validated analytical methods acceptable to regulatory agencies such as FDA and USDA.
Official Methods include those published by:
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Association of Official Analytical Chemists
- Refereed Journals
- Manufacturers’ Registrations
Quality Assurance is of primary concern at ABC Research.
To this end, the Analytical and Food Chemistry Departments are certified by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation as ISO-17025 compliant, which means that we operate under the most stringent international guidelines in existence for the overall operation of analytical laboratories. Sample handling and chain of custody procedures are designed to protect the integrity of the sample from collection through analysis. Routine analytical quality control procedures include the performance of method validations; use of calibration curves; analysis of blank, duplicate and spiked samples; and statistical analysis of data to insure acceptability.