Academic Account Manager
What do you think of when you hear the expression “Gute Chemie”? Does it make you think of topquality products or people that understand each other well? Since 1987, we have consistently attempted to combine both. We offer Gute Chemie in form of specialty chemicals, that we supply to major life science and chemical companies worldwide. abcr also offers in-house production from Spain, specialized in silanes and siloxanes, as well as research and development of complex fluorinated compounds in our laboratory in Germany. abcr is family-owned middle size company with Headquarter in Karlsruhe, Germany.
The recent rapid growth brought us to France, where the subsidiary was created in Lyon in 2018. We are currently looking for a field sales representatives for this location to support our further expansion in the French Academic and R+D Market.
Academic Account Manager
- Develop Academic Market and visibility of abcr brand in the scientific community
- Organize and conduct regular customer meetings
- Monitor and develop existing customer accounts
- Account mapping, prospect and develop new accounts within regions
- Promote our product lines and look for new business development opportunities
- Follow ups of offers and opportunities
- Connect and network with scientific community, publishers, conference organizers
- Work closely with internal teams to secure customer requirements
- Reach sales target, increase profitability
- Feedback on market trends, needs, challenges, and competition landscape
- Provide regular report on business performance
- Chemical Background required
- Commercial experience up to 3 years is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong interaction with customers and the team
- Good negotiation skills, results oriented and mindset sales development
- Flexibility and ability to travel (60-80% of the time)
- Competency in Microsoft applications and in ERP Systems
- Fluent in French and English (German language is a plus)
- Full time, all France area, location in Paris area is preferred
We offer detailed initial training, regular further training. Work-life balance is extremely important to us – you can expect flexible work-time models in a medium-sized family enterprise with flat hierarchies and short decision-making channels.
Gute Chemie – a positive work environment. Do you want to become part of the team?
Please send your application to
Dr. Gérald Morata
Managing Director - abcr france SAS